1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much should I bid for??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Truck207, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Here is a picture of a place I would like to put a bid in for. I marked out everything that needs to be plowed. In the parking lot, the parking spaces don't need to be plowed out, just a path down the middle so people can drive through. In the round about, the parking spaces do need to be plowed. Everything is asphalt except for the road the goes around the front. For that road, they just need a path big enough for a vehicle incase they need to get inside the building during the winter.

All I need to do is plow and only sand when it gets icey (probably only a few times a winter). I figured I would charge per storm, what do you think is a reasonable price to charge??

Fort Knox.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What you plowing with?

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

About a Buck three eighty.

4. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

As of right now, I will be plowing with a 1996 Dodge 1500 with a 7.5' Fisher Plow. Also, this place is only 2 miles from my house.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Asking for a lot of that truck.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

High enough to make a profit, low enough to get the job.

I'm surprised that's out for bid. Or did I hear it's privately owned now?

7. Truck207

Truck207 Member
    from Maine

Yeah, it is privately operated. The state still owns it, but a seperate organization runs it.