1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much should I ask for my 3yr old plow set-up?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jkski, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jkski

jkski Member

I am getting ready to sell my 3 year old 8' Meyer Aggressor plow with XPress mount complete with plowside and truck side equipment for a 2006 GMC 2500HD (coming off of a crew cab diesel if that matters). Everything is in great shape and looks new as I purchased it new and it has been used very lightly.
    So, what can I expect to get out of it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jkski

jkski Member

It's getting to be that time and I am thinking of putting this up to sell at $3k for the plowside and truckside equipment to fit a 2006 GMC 2500HD. So, would this be a good price or should I ask more/less for the set-up?
    Thanks in advance for the feedback.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you can ask it, but the best way to price it is to look around on the internet in your area and see what others are going for.
    here in jersey, if it is used, it will not sell for any more than half the original cost.

4. jkski

jkski Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have searched all the usual places (craigslist, ebay, etc.) and nobody in my area or well outside my area is selling anything but beat up 7.5's and they are not comparable. It may just be the time of the year and I have no problem holding into it until fall if need be, but it's always nice to know what a fair price would be.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Just keep in mind that the express mounts are not gonna be available from Meyer anymore....

6. jkski

jkski Member

Will this help or hurt the sale? In some situations it may help in that I will have something to sell which is easy to use yet no longer available and that can still be serviced. In other situations, it is obsolete and therefore no longer of value.
    So, which is it......or is it simply in the eye of the potential purchaser?

7. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

used plow 2000 at best ppl on clist think they will get 2500 for a beat up plow

8. jkski

jkski Member

Most of the ones I see on craigslist are residential 7.5's that are beat, so I would imagine/hope that an 8' commercial that is like new would be worth more....maybe just wishful thinking and I am certain it depends on the time of year as well. I wouldn't give even $2k for most of the stuff I see listed on craigslist.