1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much should a new extreme v cost

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tpiper, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

just bought a new truck and was going to use old truck until the end of year then buy a new plow for next season. i guess im like a little kid i dont think i can wait till then. can anyone tell me what a new extreme v 7' 6" cost. dont have to be exact but a good estimate would be helpful. will have to wait until monday to call a dealer. thanks for the help

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Prices can very greatly depending on dealers but around 5K or so cash and carry is about right for a 7.5.

3. tpiper

tpiper Member
    from kansas

thanks for the info that helps me figure what i have to beg borrow or steal this weekend lol

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do some browsing on the Fisher and Western forums here before you lay down the cash. There are some issues with these plows....

5. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Like what? I am going to be adding another truck and was thinking the new western V and keep my Snoway V on my truck. What are some of the issues with the Fisher/Western V plows, I would really like to know.

6. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Just got my 8' 6" installed a few months back. Payed 4,900 installed.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Also remember that internet forums generally represent the minority and are filled with problems looking for help. I see Xtreme V's everywhere during storms and everyone I talk to loves them. On here you will see problems but you may never have any- then again you may have all.

8. CT-TILEMAN

CT-TILEMAN Member

I bought mine in April 2007, it was already installed on the truck sitting on the lot, and the invoice was $4,995 installed.

This is my third winter plowing with it, I have had only one problem, I had a hydraulic hose start to leak and it was a $20.00 fix.

;)

9. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Take a look on Ebay. One seller 4700.00 brand new in the mid west, for an 8.5 XV

10. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Yeah when I was searching for a plow for my truck I seen the ebay ones for sale. But 300$ more installed at a local dealer. Can't go wrong IMO. Atleast I have someone to go bit-ch at when something goes wrong. And I didn't have to pay shipping, or freeze my nuts off mounting it.

11. bdavis

bdavis Member

I have a like new 7.6 XV ill sell you....call brian 978-412-9008