1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much salt per acre

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bake's boss, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Bake's boss

Bake's boss Junior Member

Hey every one i have ben readin all your questions and comments and they were all pretty helpfull but i need to know hoe much salt in tons or cubic yard of salt would be needed to cover one acre so i can calculate how much salt i would need for my accounts

2. shamp

shamp Member

Its all going to depend on weather conditions and type of terain but ball park figure would be 600lbs on the light side and 1,000lbs on the heavier side.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try a search?

In a perfect worl I've been told 400#'s\acre. I've applied as light as that and as heavy as a ton per acre in the middle of January when it's very cold, snowing and days are short. I figure an average of 1000#'s per acre over a season. This will cover the lighter applications as well as the heavier ones. But it depends on how you are bidding it as well.