1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much per hour skid steer? Boston area

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MFD18, Oct 2, 2006.

1. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

I plan on being sub'd out for snow removal for this winter and I'm in talks now with some contractors for plowing strip malls and/or condo complexes...I have a mid sized skid steer with a snow bucket...

im in the Boston area, what is a fair hourly rate to ask for? thanks...

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

MFD I might have some bobcat work at some hotels in the boston area but I won't know exactly how much for two or three weeks. As far as the rate goes it can range anywhere from 50-100 per hour but that will depend on the machine size how fast it is and where its working. Do you have transport for the machine?

Thanks, JD.

Btw are you a medford firefighter?
  3. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

good call almost...im on in malden...my brother is on in medford...and my father retired from medford...

anyways how can i get in touch with you?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

You can just shoot me a PM, but you have your pm's turned off ;) .
  5. MFD18

MFD18 Junior Member
    from Boston

jd, for some reason i cant pm anyone...it says its turned off...i emailed the administrators...anyways send me an email with your phone # rgranara@comcast.net
  6. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

The Average Sub Rate For A Single Speed Machine Is About 65 An Hour
  7. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

A machine is usually good for a bean($100) an hour.
  8. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

per hour

I charge the bean, with a four hour minimum, especially if you have to transport it to and from the lot. Be careful I have heard of a lot of bobcats getting stolen in the area. If your leaving it on the lot, you should look into either a kill switch or lo-jack.
  9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Agreed. It is far too easy to steal construction equipment.