1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much per hour? JD510 4x4

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KCAPXIS, Oct 15, 2006.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I use this pretty much full time moving snow with a 12' pusher, on larger seasonal priced jobs, But a local business asked us to move piles of snow from the front of there store to the rear of the property and drop over a bank. ( no room to load trucks)

what would be the going price per hour for a JD 510 4x4 8' bucket, 20,000 lb machine?

Thanks!!

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well the going rate for a 310G for any kind of work it about $105 an hour. With a 12' snow pusher as a sub $150-175 an hour. A 510G with a 14' box should get $175-200 an hour. (if I remember right has a 1.6 yard bucket) should get around $135-150 an hour with just the bucket. :cool:

3. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Different rates for different areas so see what a rubber tire hoe is getting in your area.

John Deere does not make a 510G maybe your thinking a 410?,also most people are not getting $105/hr year round for a backhoe maybe in winter with the pusher.

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We get right around $100.00/hour for our 310, and thats with a large snow bucket, We charge almost the same for our 924 cat loaders, as far as I figure the hoe can do as much work as the larger loaders, so we charge the same for them. If its a light snow I guess that is, when its heavy snow the hoe spins out alot easier. Its just that the hoe isnt as nice to run as the 924s. Thats what I'v got for ya, hope that helps.

5. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Thanks A lot!! I just needed a little info to justify my rates to this customer.

6. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

its a 510D w/ extend a hoe. some where around a 1990

7. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I was refering to itsgottobegreen since to my knowledge JD last 510 model was the D series,he was refering to a 510G that i never heard of unless it was a typo.

none the less good luck with your machine and the job.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Whoops my bad. I was thinking the 510D. Need more coffee or more sleep!

9. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

lol know what you mean pulling 16 hour days is getting to me too