1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much per event do you try to generate with your truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowpower, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Not talking heavy equipment. Basic truck and plow with a salter per snow event, or plow only. Not talking salt only events. Your combination of residential, and commercials or however you are split up.

I'm shooting for 1000 to 1200. But I am residential heavy at the time being. I have a few more sales to make before I reach my goal but expect to make or surpass it. Sold three nice resis today.

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

I try to make enough so that my wife can continue to go into my wallet and come home with those sweet little nothings to wear at night. Thats all I have ever asked for from Santa, the Easter bunny etc. Honestly, if I do not make $1000-$1200 in PROFIT alone from JUST SALTING, I will not be a happy camper.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think how much you make/event depends on how many events you get/season. The guys in the snow belt are not going to make as much / time but they work so many more hours. I would like to know more what some of you gross out of a pickup/ season, keeping plowing and salting seperate. I don't want what you think your going to make but what you have made in the past. I shoot for around 15-18k/pickup and double that for a 12-18 ft blade. All my stuff is contracted so I know what I'm getting to plow before the season starts. We generally avg less then 100hrs of plowing / year, with lows of 35hrs and highs of 150.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm EXACTLY in the same place as JD Dave. I invoice a contracted amount of $6300 / month, with 3 other accounts at per inch to cover storm related expenses (fuel, food, whatever). I have 2 trucks with a 3rd more or less used as backup, although it usually does run 4-5 hours / storm, especially for those early morning events where everything needs to be opened up.

This is just plowing, 15-18 events / year, low rates of snow from 12" 2 years ago, to a high of 88" about 18 years ago.