1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much of a fuel surcharge to put.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jayman3, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I got a call from a client today they want a price for the upcoming season,asked her if she could hold off til August to see how much the fuel will be then could base my price on that,she said that she needs it for there budget.
    So the question is I told her it would be xxxx amount of dollars but would have to adjust the price with a surcharge with the way the fuel is going,how do I go about this right now I am paying 1.55 lt for diesel.
    Thanks guys

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What percentage is fuel, out of all your expense's? My fuel is a very small part of my expense's and if your bidding seasonal contracts and your worried about the price of fuel, your not charging enough. Use diesel at $2/litre if your that worried about it JMO not trying to be an $ss.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is Diesel $1.55 in Ottawa? It is $1.39 here.

4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

The price I gave her is more than what the other guy charged last year buy quite a bit,he only had a plow truck no loader or backhoe to push the stuff,so that is why they are looking for another contractor.
    It was a good thing we got all that snow to really bring up the prices on the lots this upcoming year,those damn lowballers with pickups.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure there will be quite a few places looking for new contractors, good luck.