1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Needed??

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by F350plowing, Nov 25, 2009.

1. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

I was thinking of spraying my new single place jet ski trailer to try to stop it from rusting as fast! How much do you think i would need? Is it worth it or will it wash off in the lake right-away?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Spray it when you store it for the winter. 2 or 3 cans will be plenty and if you have a can or 2 left you can use it somewhere else.

3. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

Will it come off right away when i back in the lake? Or if it rains on it when it sits out in the summer? I haven't used it before so i don't know

4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Constant water abrasion will remove the product. However, just backing the trailer into and out of the water is not enough to remove it. Neither will rain. It has to be a higher pressure and consistent.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is your not galvanized? I have an aluminum I beam trailer for my boat, but of coarse they didn't use SS Nut & Bolts so I spray those every few months or just prior to winter storage.

Still looking good...

100_0902.jpg

100_0902.jpg