1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much More Can Happen

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GTMS, Feb 6, 2011.

1. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

All within eight days, first it was the alternator throwing an overcharge code, then it was the fan clutch code the garage replaced both alt and fan clutch. The very next day the air conditioner pump locked up and blew the serp belt. had them both replaced. The very next day the trans wouldn't shift out of second gear. I was told it was the governor and solenoid, had them both replaced. Two days later, same thing with the trans. Towed back again and now the dealer say well....it's throwing all kind of codes because the control wires to the trans from the computer corroded and shorted out the computer now they're saying another fifteen hundred to fix it. I found that there was a TSB out on the governor and solenoid. What do you think I should do? All I know is this is four thousand dollars in eight days in this truck. It's an 06 Ram 2500 CDT with 115,000 miles and twenty thousand on a factory rebuilt tranny.
    Anyone have any similar problems or fixes.
  2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I woulod go on Diesel truck resource and ask there
  3. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Sounds like Id be finding another mechanic... You bring it in for one thing, they rig it so something else breaks quickly and youre back for more repairs. just what came to my mind, seems pretty coinsedental that all these parts failed within days of each other.
  4. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Overcharge code could of lead to the following electronic problems (unfortunately)
  5. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

learn to do your own part changes it would save you thousands in labor, I don't trust your mechanic with the amount of recent work you have had done a decent mechanic would have spoted potential problmes and given you a heads up. I have never seen a compresser do a sudden sieze it should have notified you by makeing a noise before a sieze,rotted trans control wires dont rot over night the dealer should have addressed this issue during the tranny swap or at least when he just serviced it. I would fix the truck and pay more attention to basic maint. I feel for you though I recently dumped a crap load of cash on my ram due to my lack of motivation in serviceing it....
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm with him, an alternator is a pretty easy repair (Cost me $120 and took less than an hour on my HEMI, I don't know how much more difficult the CTD is). Regardless, the things you are listing minus the tranny are all fairly easy repairs. Its got over 100k on it, its going to start having issues.
  7. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

I went to the dealer and b*tched up a storm. asked them for all the parts that they replaced to ship them back to Chrysler because I filed a claim with them. They said they'd lay them on the floorboard. When I went to pick up the truck none of the parts were there, so I asked for them, They told me the mechanic "accidentally" threw them out. I said no problem I'm not paying the bill and wouldn't you know it, my sixteen hundred dollar bill got dropped down to six hundred dollars? Did i get raped without a kiss or what. VERY good lesson here. NEVER go to Buchanan Dodge in Waynesboro PA AGAIN!!!! :angry:::realmad::
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i never trust any dealer. i always take a paint marker and mark evrything to make sure they do what they say. theyll know when they start wrenching on it that your watching.
  9. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

well that fix lasted a whole day, went to the dealer, had the truck towed back to the shop. while it was in the shop i went to the sales manager and traded the dange thing for a new 2011 3500 4x4 crew long bed. I can only take so much unreliability.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I think most of the issues came from the trans R&R. Seems too convient to start throwing parts at a truck because the scanner tells them to. Any good mechanic would of figured out the issue before dropping that much coin and that many repairs in a short time.

More than likely there was a seal issue with the plug on the trans causing salt water to get in there and cause a bridge. More less dead short because of the salt. My advice is to keep the new truck as far as possible away from that dealer !!! You will love the new interior but miss the milage.