1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much money do you think changes hands

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Snowpower, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Between the companies in your area that seem to have a lock with specific big player Management companies.

I've been doing this a long time and I am convinced that at some level, this indistry is ripe with payola and kickbacks to property managers.

What do you think.
  2. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Anything is possible.

However it is personality.

Property Managers are not risk takers, If they where they would be in development or Leasing where they would make more money.

It is difficult to help them make a change.

However think about it.

If I have a guy who has been doing a Great job for 15 years never fails why would I change. My BIGGEST fear is a call from a tenant! In fact it is my only fear.

If I try you I know three things, 1. there will be a learning curve. 2. YOu will fail. 3. I will get a complaint call.

What is that worth to the current guy? 1-2% a year, So at 5 years 5 to 10% at 10 years 10-20%

The flip side is if you are 10-15% under all the other bids or there is one higher there is no reason to change. If you are that far under your bid looks funny. If there is one over they can justify their decison.

Think of it like this. Give them a reason to change.

It probably needs to be something other than Price, Quality of service and reliability. OR go down the road to the next set of properties and try to get your foot in the door.