1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by <Benchmark>, Jan 25, 2012.

1. <Benchmark>

<Benchmark> Member

hey i am looking at buying a chevy 2500 hd. It has 89,000 miles on it. Its white with quad cab short bed. basic work truck. no dings or dents that i no of looks good from outside going to go look at it today. 4x4 truck. 8.1 v8 gasser. Im not looking for exact price just ballpark. Thanks everyone.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You're being REALLY vague, we know it's an 06' or older but..........

3. <Benchmark>

<Benchmark> Member

Sorry im an idiot its a 2006

4. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

good truck, i just bought an 8.1, love it. somewhere in the 16-18 range i would think, there is one sitting by my house a 06 2500 x cab short bed 8.1 with power everything and 60k on it for 21obo.

5. <Benchmark>

<Benchmark> Member

the guy wants 12000 for it but it has been repainted and it was government owned he said he might take 11 He got it from arizona boarded patrol

6. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

The gov maintains their stuff well, id say hop on it !

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

NADA says a basic 4wd 2006 2500HD crew cab with 89k and basically no options is worth almost 15k as a clean trade in and upwards of $18k if you found one on a dealer's lot.

For $11k I'd says its a good deal, but being a border patrol truck I'd get it checked thoroughly by a trustworthy mechanic. Probably got days and days of idling time and then bursts of high speed, rough driving on it so check the hour meter versus the odometer, check the motor over for coolant in the oil and vice-versa, maintenence logs, look for the front frame gussets or cracking in that area.

8. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

check the front end over really well on that truck. Since it was border patrol it was used alot off road and will most likely need some front end work. Otherwise their good trucks. Thumbs Up

9. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

i would pass on that truck. I have seen some of the boarder trucks when i was in tech, school for auto body. They really pound the piss out of them and the frame takes a pounding also. Also if its been painted who knows what condition it was in. Just my input