1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much is this plow worth

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 2, 2009.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

this plow came up at my one of my uncles dealer auctions. Salvage and clean title auction. Just curious how much to go on it? Looking to replace my old ploe set up off of a 96 ford so would have to buy the new md II mount and wiring. Thanks for the help. Also drive time is ar least 1.5 hour for pick up and 300.00 buyer fee.

meyer plow.jpg

2. wiseguyslawn

its a 7.5 poly looks like to me. there are 3 other pics pump and plow side wiring are there

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would say $1500 for what you have pictured. so if you bought it for $1500 you would have to add on $300 for a buyers fee, to a total of $1800?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'll say $1200-1300 and then add on the buyer fee for a total of $1500+. Then a mount for probably $400 used and $600+ new. You don't want to spend too much on a used one because then you might as well buy a new one.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  5. wiseguyslawn

ya it would be 300.00 on top of 1500.00 think im going to go as high as 1200.00 so I can buy it for a total of 1500.00. I'll still have some fuel going and getting it.

6. Burkartsplow

That sounds like a good price. It looks to be brand new or hardly used since it still has the writing on it and the cutting edge looks perfect. Good luck and keep us updated.

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If you buy it for 1200 + 300 buyers fees you will have close to $2400 when you get it on the truck.

$ 300 for a used clevis, $200-300 for the 96 Ford Bracket kit, $ 160 for the module kit, $58 for the headlamp adapter kit. You can use your old controls and harness proving they are a touch pad, if you have a slick switch or dual toggles the E 60H will slam the valves when you use it.So if you don't have a touch pad add $100-$150 for the control and another $75 for the control harness.

I buy these MD's all the time and believe me what you have to pay for a plowside and then the pieces, add's up fast, sometimes you are better off buying them as a coplete package, JMHO.

Jay

8. wiseguyslawn

Jay,
    what do you mean by the clevis? I know I'll have to buy the bracket for truck. module kit and headlamp kit (wiring) would have to be bought. The control on the truck is touch pad. Plus I do have an extra newer controller (touch pad).

I have the old set up e-47 pump on the 96 now. can probably only get 500.00 out of that set up. Truck needs updated just ran across this and wanted to get it for a decent deal. thanks for any further help and the heads up

9. wiseguyslawn

i see what you mean by the clevis but I thought thats all you need to mount on the truck, there is a bracket kit that goes along with the clevis? Sorry to be so uneducated on this unit.

10. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

You couldnt pay me to take that thing lol

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. When you're looking at mount kit's you're only seeing the truck specific brackets. The clevis is separate and adds additional payup to the costs involved.

12. wiseguyslawn

ok thanx for clarifying.

badabing- take it your not a meyer fan?

13. Kevin58145

Kevin58145 Junior Member

I bought one just like that today it needs A frame and cutting edge but only cost $300.00 ;-)

14. wiseguyslawn

good buy. did you get the pump?

15. Kevin58145

Kevin58145 Junior Member

Yeah i still need the truckside mount and wiring but for the price you cant beat it I priced the A frame and edge today at napa since I work there.... $178.00 for frame and $63.00 for edge (my price)

16. Kevin58145

Kevin58145 Junior Member

anyone know about how old these plows are?

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's pre-'06 for sure.

18. Burkartsplow

$178 for an A Frame seems pretty cheap to me, unless it is an older older meyer plow. I had to buy a new one last year and the cheapest one I found for my 8.5 C was $500. You got a deal on that frame.

19. wiseguyslawn

The whole deal sounds a little to good to be true to me. 300.00 bucks is dirt cheap. pump is worth more than that. I had to give 2300.00 for a 8.5 C md II steel everything but mount and truck side wiring. But who knows if true glad to hear someone got a steal. plow goes at the auction tonight. I'll let ya know how it goes.

20. Kevin58145

Kevin58145 Junior Member

The plow was for sale at a repair shop with a broken A frame and nothing for the truck side,and worn cutting edge. The A frame is a S.A.M.S plow part number 1316105 I get cost plus %10.