1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much is this going to cost me now

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zackman, Dec 28, 2009.

1. zackman

zackman Member

We had are first accident. Slid back-wards into a parked car and hit the side with my sander. We were going to try to pay out of pocket but when we got the estimate it was about $3,000

The car was a 1993 and they wanted $3,000 to fix it, so I had to put a claim in...

Now I wonder how much my insurance will go up?? I guess I know the answer:dizzy:

At least we had a great snow storm 11 inches that day:nod:
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

What kind of car was it.. There aren't a whole lot of 1993 anything's that areworth $3000. Sounds like they were trying to stroke you, your insurance will not pay them more than their car is worth.
  3. zackman

zackman Member

It is a Volvo.. But yep you are right I just got of the phone with my insurance company and they said that is high for a 1993 car, and they would send someone down to look at it..
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

it's going to cost you your deductible,

plus maybe next year your policy goes up some.

but that's what insurance is for.

they are certainly going to total the car.
  5. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

LIke it says on the back of your car insurance card: Don't admit wrongdoing, subsequent investigation may find you are not at fault.
    Whoops to late.
  6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ah don't sweat it. You'll just have to pay a deductible. Doesn't take much to rack up $3000 in damage on a Volvo. I hit my first car plowing last winter. State Farm said they will forgive me on this one. So far my insurance hasn't gone up. Oh wait, it did go up, they just raised the rates across the board.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya i wouldn't sweat it. wait till you knock down a light pole :laughing: (we own about four now lol)
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I got mine on the highway and they wouldn't even let me take it home even though i had to buy a new one.. lol

There's no way a 93 volvo is worth anywhere near $3000. Your insurance will probably settle with them between $1500-$2000 if it's in REALLY good shape, if not it only worth about $500 bucks. Let us know what your insurance ends up paying them....
    Stupid people, they could have got more from you if they would have just worked with you plus if the insurance totals their car it will have a salvage title and they will need a bunch of inspections and crap to get it back on the road..

Good luck the rest of the season.. How's the spreader damage?
  9. zackman

zackman Member

The spreader is just fine:)
  10. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ah then you're all good. its only your equipment that matters most anyways lol
  11. nekos

nekos Senior Member

If your going to take out a car might as well take out something nice. A brand new BMW X6 M maybe ? God i hate bimmers and the people that drive um !

Anyway, i wouldn't worry much about it. It's a minor accident and $3,000 is nothing. Your insurance will go up a couple $$$ but it's not going to double or triple or anything like that.
  12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yeah me too.

You know what the difference is between a porcupine and a BMW ?

With a BMW all the pricks are on the inside. :laughing::laughing: