1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much is it WORTH?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CSLC, Dec 10, 2011.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I have a guy that I am plowing for we are working on a deal to buy and install one of his plows on my truck (I am buying it). It is a 8'2" Boss V Power V. The plow is about 5yrs old and is in good to great condition. I have to buy everything for the truckside (Frame, Wiring Harness, and Handheld Joystick). So if you have anything that would fit an 2005 GMC2500HD please send me a P.M. This is the truck that it is going on scroll down its the white one..... So my ultimate question is, How much is just the plow worth?payup So I know what I am going into......:waving:
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Just sold one to a buddy for $3,500 and he got a STEAL! It was an '08, truck side was '06.
  3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

3500 seems kinda high, just got a 8.2 V-XT used for one month last season (dealer lot only) for the same price, i know i got a steal, but 5 years old id say 2500-3000 tops. After the 5 year mark you star running into replacing stuf, my 5 year old straight boss needed all sort of love last year and it was well cared for all 5 years

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'd say roughly 2700 to 3200. You'll have easily 800 into new mount wiring and controller. Look on craigslist. Theres always mounts on there forsale. Your year is a pretty common mount and can be bought used for about 300 bucks. All the 13 pin wiring is universal. You will need headlight adapters for your truck though. But if the wiring came off a ford or dodge it will be fine going onto your truck. I've seen wiring on craigslist for about 150 bucks roughly. If you do buy used, make sure the pins are missing or corroded. Controller is your preference. Also check your local dealer for any used parts for your truck.
  5. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Ok thanks for the information I am trying to hunt down a used mount according to the website there are two diff mounts that can be used they both look to be about the same. Here are the part numbers: LTA04767B, LTA04767
    Like I said the it is going on a 2005 GMC 2500HD and the plow is a 8' 2" RT3 Smart hitch

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The one with the B on the end of it is the upgraded one. I guess it pushed the mount forward a bit because they were finding the plows were hitting the bumpers of the trucks with the new body styles having bigger bumpers. 99% sure on that info.
  7. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Well guess I am just going to go the route of putting a new 8.2 Power VXT on the truck instead.....Getting it installed asap will follow with pics. I am also putting 4 corner LED strobes in GO BOSS!!!
  8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Plow Installed crappy cell phone pics and truck is dirty will get better ones this week

9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Nice plow man