1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much is accuweather???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIGRED1, Nov 29, 2005.

1. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

I have asked in a few other posts and I still don't know...

Does anyone know a ballpark pricerange on accuweather's service or anything about it?????

I have even emailed accuweather and they won't tell me a price.

Any help here would be great.

Thanks
    Dennis

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

do you want specialized service or just a in depth forecast, right now you can get 30 day trial offer for free , either premium or professional. the premium is less than 20 a month . thats what i got .

3. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

i spoke to the lady today and for a whole blown deal calls it is 2300, i almost fell out of my seat

4. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I get it for $2.99 a month on my cell phone as A brew download.
    Satilite pics, loops, Radar 10 day outlooks, hour to hour dayly forcasts,
    snow, rain forcasts and more.

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Can you give us the link for the free trial ??

Thanks

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I get Weather.com on my Verizon Wireless phone; All the forecasts you want, radar, satellite, etc. $9.99 lifetime subscription

7. BIGRED1

BIGRED1 Member

thanks for the info. $20/ month sounds reasonable considering all you get. I don't know much about those other services mentioned but I had a service on my nextel phone last year and it did nothing for me. I knew more, sooner, than the phone told me. As long as accuweather is city/town specific and accurate I think I will try it.

thanks again
    Dennis

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I have Verizon as a cell phone carrier, and use MyCast.

It's $2.99 / month, and has 7 day forecasts, along with the forecasts from the National Weather Service.

It also has real time radar, or up to about 5 minutes before, zeroed in about 15 miles around a location, to about a 50 mile radius, to about a 300 mile radius.

As far as knowing when the snow is going to start / stop, with the radar on the phone, it's within about 3 minutes. It's a fairly detailed radar screen, with multiple colors for the intensity of the storm.

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005