1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much is a Deere 444k go for?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Id assume it would have no problem pushing a 14-16' box?

Its more than we'd ever use for landscaping and probably a model too big for even what we'd need for a push box for snow, but i cant get over the puny looking wanna be loaders like the 244j and all those types. Although ive tested one, just seems like a lot of machine and not much power when it comes down to it.

I think the 244j was around 80k? So the 344 then 444k must be 130s+ at least right?
    [​IMG]

hmmm.. i can think of a few old clients mansions i could knock down in a half hour with one of these :blush2:

2. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A 544 is around 150 brand new if that helps.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Congrats Mr 5000. :waving:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks I never noticed.

6. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

first off the 244j new are around 63,000. i plow with 5 of them and condo, apartments complex, grocery stores and have never had them under powered. I also have a 344 new $100.000 that plows with a 14' box. I use that for 2 mini strip mall side by side. and i also have a 444 used $70,000 that has a 14' pusher and i plow a big mall with that. Si i guess depends on what your plowing with it.

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Few contractors in my area utilize them...good units; only small complaint one guy had was: slow raising bucket.

8. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Hard to believe that on a JD, no one beats their hyd, He should have his pump checked, maybe even filters.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

well better than i hoped for! for a 500hr unit thats a nice price!... so id guess with a 544 being 150k, these are in the 135ish area then..

maybe another year or two :p this sure would be one big azz toy

10. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I thought you were clicking every day to pass the 5K mark.
    Good job, now I"m 1/10 of you!

11. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love to get my hands on one of them, township here had a 444 and loves it. Currently it's a bit much as we are good with the three TLBs we have now. Would only be used as a yard machine the rest of the year though.......we don't do any kind of site work that could justify it on the landscape side of the business.

12. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We have a 444 H with michelin snow tires and it pushes a 12 ft pro tech no problem. If you are looking for a good used machine iron planet has some steals.

Here is one example of almost new for half price.

2006 John Deere 544J Wheel Loader
    140 hrs
    UTAH

$73,000

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/217274

13. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here is our 444 pushing some wet heavy stuff 3 weeks ago.

Thread titled "Second snow for us"

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=87749