1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much insurance is enough

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Indy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Indy

Indy Senior Member

My plow truck is my driver.

How much insurance is enough/exess???

As a loaner or as a sub???

I just don't want to get screwed up~ Thanks

Mike C:salute:

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Depends what your doing. I wont run less then 1M General Liability, which seems to be a standard number for most. Big commercial jobs may require 3M GL. Also make sure you run Commercial Auto.

3. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I run $500k commercial on the truck. $2mil gen. liability. seems to be minimum to allow me to do commercial work. 3 years ago $500k gen liab. & $300k on the truck was all that was required. It seems to go up every year.

4. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

Almost forgot. If you're not using the truck for anything commercial in the summer you can usually drop back to non-commercial $250k and save a few hundred bucks. Then switch back to the commercial pre winter. My Shelter agent does that for me.

5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Thanks for the #'s

That helps

Mike C

6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

1 million commmercial liability, plus 1 million umbrella. This day you can never have to much coverage.