1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much hydro fluid???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by padec21, Dec 9, 2009.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

Plow is an early 2000's MM1 SEHP 6" I believe..
    Manual says to change fluid in resivoir. it takes 1 3/4 qts. guy at dealership told me 2 qts. Im NOT doing the anglers just the res.
    I drained res. and poured amount into an old qt bottle. It filled it to the top. So only a 1 qt came out. So thats what I put in.
    My plow doesnt have the fluid level bolt you take out to see when fluid is full in the same location as the manual says, It does have a similar bolt right near the same location so I took it out and stopped filling fluid when it started to dribble out of hole. I put that bolt back in and the filler bolt back in.

Moved plow up and down left and right. was moving much slower. figured I didnt have enough fluid in so added some. moved it around again to workk air bubbles out. It works better but not perfect....seems slower. How much fluid is too much?

2. nichols

nichols Member

Another way to drain the fluid out of the reservoir, if you have that style of plow, is to just pull the motor off the top of the reservoir. It's only two 5/8" bolts to take it out. That way you can siphon out the rest of the fluid. If you drain it with the drain plug, you won't get it all out.

I just did this tonight troubleshooting some stuff on my plow, and while I had the motor off I pulled the pump and cleaned up the filter and pump. When I refilled the reservoir, I put about a quart and 3/4 back in.

If your plow is moving slow, pull the filler bolt and see if it sucked fluid in to build pressure up again. You very well may need to add some more, or you may have an air bubble. Fisher has a pdf on their site for flushing the lines if it doesn't go back to normal once you add more fluid if necessary.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine