1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much hydro fluid

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Twolf, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Twolf

Twolf Junior Member
    from Maine

I recently bought a yard truck with a 7.5' fisher speedcast. the resivour attached to the electric motor looks to be about half full, viewed by looking through the vented cap on top. How full should it be? is there some specific type of hydro fluid I should use? do I fill it using the hole with the vented cap?

New to this plow thing, thanks for the info...
  2. cgrmac

cgrmac Junior Member

Hydo Fluid

I just replaced my fluid after blowing a hose. The dealer told me that the newer fluids from Fisher are not recommended on the older Speedcast models because of a low flash point. (the newer fluids will catch fire). The manual recommends type A automatic transmission fluid. You should have a dip stick attached to your cap. If not, it should be only about 2/3 full.
  3. Twolf

Twolf Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks, I did add some but I don't think it's quite at 2/3, no dipstick attached to the cap or anywhere else for that matter. there may have been at one time but it's long gone now. I'll have to check again and bring it up to that point. I did use type a auto trans fluid.
    Thanks again for the reply...