1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much hurtin

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rfed32, Jan 11, 2009.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

so i have a western unimount and i was looking at upgrading the blade from a 7' to a 9' the only thing is how much hurting do u think i will put on my truck...its a 98 chevy k1500 t-bars cranked...will get timbrens but what do u guys think.....
  2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

no way, youd be crazy, the truck drags on the ground with a 7'6 as it is, just get some wings and youll be at 9ft. they work awesome, got myself and pair and love em.
  3. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Is the current blade shot or do you just need more capacity? have you checked into wings for the current blade? In most cases they will gain you 8 -12 inches on each side

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not only will you destroy a 1500 with the extra weight of the plow driving around the extra snow you will be pushing will dig the grave for it.

Get a 1 ton or HD 2500 w/beefed up front end if you want to run a 9 footer.
  5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

ok i was kinda thinking most of this just thought i would ask...the price was right...might still by it seeing that im looking into get a dump this summer for landscapign before i get a new person truck