1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much ground can i cover with this in an hour?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by William Brett, Sep 17, 2010.

1. William Brett

William Brett Member

Hi guys I know you are all going to have a right laugh at this, bought it last year after the snow we had, most snow i can remember here(uk) in a life time. anyways what i am interested in is how big an area you guys recon i could clear with this in an hour? im thinking between 1/4 - 1/2 of an acre the thing is a rotavator normally and i just bought the plow to go on it, never turned up in time so didn't get to try it in the snow, this thing pushes like an ox normally. Oh btw its a 1meter blade apox 3 foot.

100_3907.jpg

100_3908.jpg

100_3909.jpg

2. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Not a lot. really looks mean but its not going to grip that well. good for walks only a blower would do better. or atv/utv with 3 way plow and gears. that thing... well hell put a sulky behind it and go hehee!

3. William Brett

William Brett Member

Thought this may give u some laughs well problem with a snow blower is over here the snow is so wet and heavy i just dont think it would work.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Now if you are doing walks then it will do a great job by the way it looks. but other then that if you are trying to clear a wide area you will be there forever since the snow windrows will get to big for the machine.

5. William Brett

William Brett Member

Yeh mainly for walks, small drives and small car parks upto sort of 1/4 of an acre.

6. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Good job Ive seen one of these work they dont do good. Is this for your home than sweet bad azz. But a thrower will eat that up. A honda 13 hp 36" track with hyd drive wet or dry! Me on a shovel will out do that pig. Use it for a elk/deer dragger

7. William Brett

William Brett Member

Well after my snow clearing attempts last year im sure this thing can make a better job than me and a shovel, as with a shovel if the snow has to go more than 2m u need to put it in a barrow really where as with this im guessin even if u need to make loads of passes u will be able to push like 1/2 to a whole barrow load a time.

8. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Pretty cool to look at but no way in hell would I use that thing :D

9. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

Might work good for sidewalks. I would love to see someone plowing a lot with that.....sure would give me a good laugh:laughing:

10. William Brett

William Brett Member

No and neither would I if I could justify investing in anything bigger but with only say 5 snow falls over 2 inches in 20 years over here would you want to put big money into anything cos it may not snow for 3 years. lol

11. William Brett

William Brett Member

Well if it snows this year will try and get some pics on here.

12. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

That would be cool to see. I just know a 800lb 4 wheeler will sometimes not push a wet heavy snow. Heck if it only snowed every 3 years here that little I would buy an extra bag of salt and lay it a little heavy and not leave the house when it snowed lol.

13. William Brett

William Brett Member

yes but last year got 3 6 inch drops and you would need a fair bit of salt to melt that. Its mainly for a couple of sites i do maintenance work for.

14. William Brett

William Brett Member

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is that thing right hand drive? What are you still doing up, did the Pub just close.:nod:

16. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a thought from my little pea brain, but if your going to be pushing any drives that are two cars wide or wider, I would make a couple passes down the center, then turn the machine, and push straight off to both sides. That way your not building up large windrows and bogging down the machine. You might even want to think about taking a 5 gallon bucket, placing some rebar around the inside and through the middle, then taking some all thread measure out the wheel pattern on you wheels, tie all the rebar and all thread together, and pour it about 6 to 8 inches deep with concrete. When the concrete is dry cut the bucket away from the concrete, and bolt them onto the wheels for more weight. Each one should weigh about 50 pounds, and will help with traction.

17. PatrickC

PatrickC Senior Member

Put a Chevy 350 in it and ice screws in the tires and put a gas can on top and go for it LOL

18. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Oh **** man thats too much! Sorry we just like a good laugh every now and again! Just run straight 102 octane and keep the tires at 1 psi for traction.

19. William Brett

William Brett Member

Yes it is right hand drive and i was pullin a late one gettin some work done.

20. William Brett

William Brett Member

Thats exactly how I thought about going about clearing snow with this thing, n tht will work fine over here cos when it snows they dont care where you put it as long as it is out of the way.