1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much front end dive is to much?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scitown, Dec 21, 2007.

1. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I just bought a 2000 chevy 3500 has the older 8 ft mm fisher. I will be putting timbrens in the front. How much do the brand new 2500hd's dip when you raise an 8 ft'r? I just need a reference. I have a few other things I would like to add to this truck (like a mini strobe bar, maybe some new brakes) before I order up the Timbrens. The plow still has the original paint, I think he only plowed his drive on his way to church on sunday's. How much front end dive should I expect?

2. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

on my 03 3500 4x4 i run a 8.6 ultra mount with wimgs and it will drop about 2", i did upgrade my tires to a taller size and it helped a bit.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My 2500HDs drop 1" measuring at the wheelwell centered with the hub. 36.5 to 35.5" no Timbrens yet, 9' Hiniker scoop.