1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for wiring and bracket?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Petr51488, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Dealers closed now, and on sunday. What am I looking to pay for a mounting bracket and wiring installed on my truck? Its an 8'6 superduty. I have it set up for my diesel, but would like the bracket and wiring on my gas truck as backup. What am i looking to spend?

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

For wiring and mounting bracket your looking about 1200 + your controller. That's for a boss I just had one done the other day.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Do you think its worth it? I don't do much plowing at all, but i hate down time. It's my first year plowing and dont really know what usually goes wrong with plows. Is it the actual plow or the wiring?

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I think you could do better. I got my mount new for $465 and wiring harness new for $165. I did the install myself. It wasn't hard at all and you learn A TON about your plow in case something goes wrong.

I would think your plow would be more likely to go down then the wiring, in which case that second setup won't help at all.

How bout getting a complete used BOSS set up for your second truck for $1500 to $2000?

5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

If your not doing much plowing I wouldn't worry about it too much. My price was with install. Most of the time at least for me its truck issues that shut me down. I have never had had a boss plow give out with some hard plowing. If your running a new truck, then i don't think you have a need to stress. I would just get the kit boss has, repair kit, it has extra spring, and all that random stuff you need if something breaks. You may even be able to get a plow kit from cpw or another website which will have it cheaper.

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

I'll find out tomorrow how much they want. 1500 is a bit steep to be spending. I'm also not to smart when it comes to electrical work. I would rather leave that to the pros.

Its just a personal thing, but as a young business owner, i absolutely hate downtime. I have 3 trucks which i prob don't need, but each one gets used. I know the kit your talking about. I'll have to pick one of them up. I've seen some plows and they look like they've been to hell and back. I just dont know how reliable plows are. Like i said, its my first year plowing.

Whats the website where i can buy the boss kit from? - Peter