1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for this plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Protea, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Protea

Protea Junior Member

Hi, I just recently bought a 2001 F350 Super duty for towing and it came with a 8' Fisher Minute Mount Plow that I have no need for. I don't know anything about plows and was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what I could sell this plow for and possible websites to list it on?
    It is a 2001 Fisher Minute Mount; 8' heavy duty; used one season; some surface rust; works perfectly; I would say in good to excellent condition; has a State grade cutting edge that the previous owner was able to obtain and I was told lasts longer but don't know if that is true...
    Would it be more beneficial to sell with the frame that mounts it to the truck as well? What goes into removing the whole set-up from the truck as there seems to be so many wires, etc. Is it worth more to someone selling it with everything or just the plow itself? Any thoughts or comments would be very helpful. Thank you for your time.

2. durchins

durchins Member

One word, two syllables, four letters......you guessed it....EBAY.
    Remove everything, tag it and box it. Take pictures of everything and list it on ebay.

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Locally--the going rate fall and winter price would be in the nieghborhood of about $2500--3K you could try posting it on this sight also craigs list NH/Maine and Boston. Sadly your about 2 months late on getting top $$$$$$$$. The part that separates from the truck would have fetched about the price you will get for the whole setup now.

Best of luck

4. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

how much are you looking to get i may be interested. let me know

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I'm in Vt, cash waiting for a good deal on a plow, I would like more info though. Value vary much depends on a couple things like condition, style (mm1, mm2, two or three wire mm1,) and probably most important, time of year and type of season. I have bought three plows recently ranging from 250 to 1500. The truck mount and wiring help a bit with value, if you are a little mechanically inclined, will probably take 2-4 hours to remove everything. A late model chevy would be even less. If its a two wire style mm probably towards the longer time, three wire the lesser time. Mounts come off pretty easy but might need to torch a couple of the bolts. If your plow was bought new with the truck, In the fall with all the parts, I would ballpark retail at mid to low two k range. The reality is (at least here) lots of deals on new leftover stuff, new 8' probably $32-3500 right now so the chances of you getting 2500 to 3000 for a five year old plow are pretty slim if you ask me. No offense douglasl330, just my opinion. If you want to get rid of it, let me know, cash waiting for a wholesale deal. E-mail grassmanvt@charter.net if interested or call 802-793-7023 Thanks and good luck.

6. Protea

Protea Junior Member

Thank you for the helpful info. I will post on this website, craigslist and then ebay. Thanks again.

7. Protea

Protea Junior Member

Jeff45, post your email and I will send you pics.

8. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

9. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Grassman-no offense taken--Last Nov a 4 year old(seasons) plow MM2 sold for 3500--It's what people are willing to pay! Start of season end of season big difference in price!

10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yup, you said it, a little white on the ground can make a big differance. Right now though, after a low snow year and going into summer, a new 8' can be had for that number.