1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for this drive. 8x100

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Nov 2, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Alot of the drives are fairly small. only 8ft wide, anywhere from 100ft long to 250ft long. anyways, I didnt get the apartment complex that i was told i did have :( but im kind of glad because i think it would have been to much for my circumstances.

but these drives probably only take 7minutes with a plow, or less.... how much would you guys charge? I was thinking $20. I want to set my standards high, with a minium push of $20. i know its not alot for you guys, but when it only takes 7min, and you recive $20.

I have about 14 Residentals that want my service, and I have to get back with them this week... I also still need a plow, but in worse case senerio i will use my snowblower for the first month or two.

but figure im using a plow. $20 seem to high? to low?

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I personally would charge $50.00

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Im just guessing, but Id prob charge 30 - 35 depending on a few things....Rob

4. PremierLand

from detroit

maybe it isnt even 100ft, ill measure it tommarow. and take a picture of my drive when its cleared tommarow.

here is a pic of my drive, which is what most size is around here. the truck with the yellow hood is at the skirt of the drive. hopefully this will help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  5. The Boss

My truck is too big to get in there and plow that! :nod: Those drives that swing in like that are a pain in the a--. That's one of the reasons I quit doing residential.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Id do the drive, the bg question on my mind is where to put the snow.

7. The Boss

Hey Rob, the garage door is open. :D :dizzy:

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'm with Rob on that one - where to put the snow. Also looks like there'll be some backdragging. From what I can see - $30 or $35.

9. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

It looks more like 75'. If it wraps behind the house to a 2 car width can you put some of the snow on the back lawn. I've done them like that for 35.

10. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Good Idea!
    Those types should have a door in the rear of the garage so you could push it right on through.

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys
    Here in the east part of Michigan guys are only charging 20-25 for a drive like that. Thats one reason I don't as a rule do driveways. Seems everybody with a four wheel drive has a blade, but do they have ins? Most often not,and they like to be paid in cash.
    I work with a guy just bought a new truck with a blade and I keep telling him you need ins,tax id number the whole 9 yards,I think he is seeing it my way,and will do all those things. I have all ready talked him out of lowballing the prices just to get jobs.
    I may use him this year for a backup and teach him the RIGHT way to run a Professional Snow Plowing Business.

Regards Mike

12. PremierLand

from detroit

okay, thanks, i wanted to clairify what im charging... also, i DO have insurance, so please dont bash me for that! for the tax id, i dont have that yet, but from what my father said, its simple simple to get it. and lowballing. Im not into that.

Lowballers come and go, Highballers stay and play!