1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for this 8611

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Grassman09, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Other then then obvious things thats wrong with it like bent wing cutting edge.. Says he has the controller for it. somewhere maybe. Has a wire harness from a 04 F550 and the mount all of which is on the truck still. He has the motor and pump but says it has a few bad coils.

The asking price is $1100 it prob needs $1500 in parts and work?

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Damn, that's in rough shape! The new cutting edge and wing edges will run you at least $6-700. I would say it's worth it if you do most the work, but for someone else to fix it up, might start getting to expensive.
  3. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

New wing?
    New Edges?
    New Valve Coils?
    Reinstall pump/valves (maybe hoses) and hope it works?

Lots of variables...

Maybe have a flexible price depending on the pump / valve condition and weather or not he actually has the controller?
  4. Grassman09

I was thinking $500 - $800. Was also thinking I would use the blade on my skid steer but would grab the truck side stuff just in case.
  5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it.
  6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Yep, I agree, offer $400 for scrap! You are looking at at least $2000 to make it like brand new, assuming pump and motor are fine. It has little value

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Buy it, weld the wings forward and put it on a skidThumbs Up
  8. Grassman09

Good idea.Thumbs Up
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have 2 that I bought in MUCH better shape and they worked, but with a few quirks, and I paid about the same for them. I get dealer cost on parts and will have over $3k each in them by the time their done, plowsides only. I planned for this, but remember how fast parts can add up.

That wing and/or slide box is definately broke. Unless you can do some fancy fab work, that can be close to a $2k fix......especially if the cyl broke.
  10. Grassman09

Now you tell me. I just ordered a new lift cylinder for my 810 as well as lift hoses for my 8611LP from Angelos Supply. I have a friend who can do fancy fab work. Plasma cutter and welder but he is not cheap.
  11. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

Does it still have the kickstand I would buy it
  12. Grassman09

Not sure. Might send the guy a email see if he will take $500 for the blade. I'd like the wire harness F550 mount but I know I wouldn't pull all that all off for $500.