1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much $ for plowing? Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare1, Nov 22, 2007.

1. lawncare1

lawncare1 Junior Member
    from chicago

Hello,I am new to this site although I do belong to Lawnsite.com ,I have had a lawn service for the last 7 years (yes I am Legal Licensed,bonded,insured and I do pay taxes) I have two 2000 Chevy 3500 dump trucks 4x4,With plows.I have had so many people ask me if I plowed I finally said what the heck ,so I am set up this year with 2 trucks, 4 24' snow blowers,and I really do not know what to charge ,1) For a single residential home with a basic one car drive in the suburbs $ ? 2) A commercial account , Like a strip mall (Small lot in back,sidewalks in the front) Do I charge hourly?And If so how much? Thank you guys so much for some input I really appreciate it.Brian (Total Performance Lawncare LLC) Highland,IN

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i will tell you now that you aint going to get a straight answer that you'll be happy with but i'll tell you what i would charge

the drives $40-60 per storm the comm. $45-$65 per hour for trucks i would only do it by the hour, expecialy if they have a zero-tolerance policy ie. wal-mart and for the blowers maybe $30 hr? i donno i charge by the foot on walks $.06 per linear foot up to 6' wide incl melter

hope this helps

3. lawncare1

lawncare1 Junior Member
    from chicago

Thank you all the info will really help allot ,Brian

4. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

never charge hourly unless you get a contract that paysfor alot of hours and has a minimum of hours.figure a good man in a truck is worth 30 an hour to drive and the truck is worth 45 an hour at the minimum so 75 an hour would be my bottom.top out around 125 an hour.divide it up from 2to4in 75hr.4to6in 95hr. 6to8.105hr. 8and over 125hr.but you should bid most big lots by the acre 80 to 120 . the residentials should have a min. of 40 and an average of 55. the problem here is we are getting large snow companies setting prices low to get work. than they over service to make up the cost so my prices might sound high but if you service them right they will be right for you and the customer will be happy.

5. lawncare1

lawncare1 Junior Member
    from chicago

Thank you,all the help is greatly appreciated .Brian

6. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

Do you have accounts in Briar Ridge? the reason I ask is If you're familiar with their drives, they run from $32(staright)-$36(Horse Shoe with side entry) for 2"-4" of snow x1.5 for over 4"-6" X2 for over 6"-8"and so on. hope this gives you an idea. give me a howl, we might be able to share something in both lawn maintenace and snow removal.

Ferdinand

7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

hey brian i am in dyer and have found that the res. that i do are extremly happy with 30 per push for a driveway and front sidewalks with a 2" trigger if they live on a cornor it is more. i can usually get 4 done in an hr which comes out to about 120.00 an hr if you want to give me a call 708-703-2783 and i can try to answer some questions

8. lawncare1

lawncare1 Junior Member
    from chicago

Hay,thanks for the info,No I do not have any accounts in Briar Ridge,I do have about 15 in White oak estates ,I have about 150 (res-com). Lawn accounts in Highland,Munster,Griffith,Sherriville.This is my first year plowing for them(I have plowed in the past working for other people)But I was not sure what to charge my customers .Are you willing to do Sub-contracting if I get in to Deep Thank you for the Help I do appreciate it alot.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  9. lawncare1

lawncare1 Junior Member
    from chicago

Thanks a lot I will keep your number close.If I get into deep are you willing to do some sub-contracting?I have about 150 lawn accounts (Res-Com) .and 70% of them want snow removal.Thank You for you help Brian

10. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

my old boss used to have accounts in white oak and he usually charged them almost if not the same as what he charged for mowing,
    and i might be able to give you a hand after i took care of my accounts and oh well maybe it depends on the size of your carrot lol.