1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for gas?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by McGaw, Nov 16, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

I there, might be a stupid question. I'm contemplting getting a used quad and buy a plow. But I was just wondering about the cost of gas? How much gas do they use?

P.S.
    What do people pay for insurance on them? Is it pricey?

Thanks alot,
    Adam

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 is good on gas when I'm in 2wd and trail riding but when I'm in 4wd it realy uses alot of gas.

3. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Thanks.
    How often are you in 4wd? How much does it cost to fill up the avg tank and how long would it take you to burn it in 4wd?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm allways in 4wd when I'm plowing. And it curently cost me about $10 to fill it.

5. pby98

pby98 Member

there has been some discussion about this on other forums i go on. i calculated it out last itme i went riding my rancher gets like 15 mpg trail riding and id guess around 10mpg when im hauling alot or plowing alot. and on average costs me 10 to 15 bucks to fill up depending on gas prices.

6. -Iron Mike-

-Iron Mike- Member

About $0.83/L right now.:D payup

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I never really filled mine up from empty but mine is extremely good on gas. Only time it seems to burn a fair amount is when flying around full throttle

8. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Fuel...not very much.

Insurance...I think its around 90 bucks a year depending on year and model and such but that won't cover liability so would still need insurance for plowing.

9. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Elwer,
    Is that insurance for the quad, or for the plowing insurance? I'm not sure how much insurance differes between our two country's, but $90 a year for quad insurance sounds very reasonable.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have a 2000 arctic cat 500 4x4 auto. It costs me about $10 to fill. and I get 40 miles out of an entire tank.

11. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Mine is pretty good on gas, I usually fill the 2.5 gallon tank once a month and I ride way more than the usuall ATV owner (Sometimes 3-4 times a week)