1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much for bag of Calcium Chloride?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Sno4U, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I recently picked up a couple of bags of Pelladow Calcium Chloride.
    I paid $12.45 a bag.
    Thats pretty good , right?:D

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

flakes or pellets? i prefer the pellets 'cause they eat down to the pavement faster and start breaking the crystalline bond with the pavement.

as to price, I think last year I paid 17 or 18 bucks for a 50lb bucket at sams club.

3. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

By the bag for a couple that's good for Peladow based on what I've seen around here.

By the pallet is $11.79 for 1 pallet here. Price goes down the more you buy (2 pallets goes to $11.55 a bag, etc..).
    And a $0.15 per bag savings in November, Oct was a $0.30 per bag savings.

Peladow is Pellets. Very easy to spread, works well.

4. mr.greenjeans89

mr.greenjeans89 Junior Member

9.50 here...ha

5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

per bag its between $13 to $14. by the pallet can drop it up to $2 cheaper. all pelletized

6. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

Is there an application rate on how much peladow to use on concrete walkways. How much square footage will a 50# bag do? Thanks

7. Snowshow

Snowshow Member

I heard that bagged Peladow is running out? Is this just a rumor? We bought a bunch of it this year, far more then we are going to use but the local Dow salesman said that they have stopped production on pellets, but you can still get flakes. What gives? Peladow is an awsome product for sidewalk in my opinon. Some places in town are selling 50lb bags for 19.00 plus tax. I saw it at a hardware store for 24.99 a bag.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  8. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I know one of my suppliers said that Peladow is going to be hard for him to get (or at least that's what he's being told), and I asked another supplier on Monday and he said as of now he hasn't been told of any issues in being hard to get.

9. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Perfect, supply and demand right ? If the demand is not high enough quit producing it right ?
    Then when your inventory drops low (do to demand) you can double the price :rolleyes:
    I guess these clowns in the de-icing supply chain have it all figured out.
    Whats next, salt brine will hit 3 bucks a gallon ?

10. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

I picked up 2 pallets yesterday and nothing was said about a shortage. Who knows

11. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

plain rock salt is $10 for a 50 pound bag

12. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Here plain rock salt is $4.80 per bag at one of my suppliers.....I think it was like $5-6 at Home Depot when I was there over the weekend.

Even a Calcium Chloride/Sodium Chloride mix is $7.20 a bag.

13. DARCO_PM

DARCO_PM Junior Member
    from CT

Hi, Enzo

Can you tell me where did you get it?:waving:

14. ALLABOUTSNOW

ALLABOUTSNOW Member

Peladow pellets for sure work better then flakes, and thats a good price (not great) but I bought a couple of skids from Central Salt last year and I can't remember the name of it but it was real nice pellets, no clumping. The bag is a little differant material. I could leave them in the back of my truck and they were fine... I want to say that it came from sweden or finland is what it said on the skid. If you can get it from Central, I want to say it was a little cheaper.

15. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

how much you want i will deliver for that price