1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much $$ for a headlight adapter kit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Nov 13, 2005.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

How much are the headlight adapter kits for a 2002 chevy 2500hd? Plow im looking at is coming off a 2005. Westernplows.com said that is the only difference. I need part# 8437-1 and the 2005 takes part#64100. I can't find these prices online anywhere. Does anyone know? Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

List price for an 8437 harness kit is $273.37.

The differance between the 8437 and the 64100 is the long and short harness to the truck headlights and the isolation module itself.

3. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Wow thats not what i was expecting at all. You mean to tell me the isolation module is different as well? I figured it was like 75$ tops. I better make a call to western dealer. Thanks

4. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

5. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Actually i gave the wrong part#. The 2005 requires Part# 27780 and the 2002 requires Part# 8437-1. I think it is only a different wire harness.

6. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he told me all i needed was the actual wire or as he called it a cross over harness and price was $45-$50.

7. Crash935

The cross over harness is part of the relay type wiring harness and wont do you any good if you need to run the iso mod.

I guess we need to back up and find out if your plow has 2 or 3 plugs on it for electrical (being an 05 it should have 3)

8. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Boy i'm confused now. I just bought this plow off ebay tonight. It has the isolation set up not the relay style. I will get it home tuesday and i'll no more then. I'll keep you posted.

9. Crash935

Heres the good news for ya!

the 27780 and 8437 both use the same isolation module (part #27781) so you dont need to buy the whole harness kit.

Now the other part, you can either buy the long headlight harness (part # 26360) and the short headlight harness (part # 26361) or if your good at dealing with little electrical pins you can reconfigure the harness by switching wires around.

I have a feeling i know which way you will want to go.

10. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have the plow at home now. I need to assemble it and then mount it to the truck. I will go to western dealer tomorrow and get what i need. Ill keep you posted.

11. Crash935

I can explain to you how to change the harness to work for your truck if you want, wiil just take you some time with a pin to swap some wires around.

12. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Crash935
    Thanks for the offer to help. I went to my dealer today and they just swapped me for the proper part # like i had quoted. I was the isolation unit wireing harness and all. Just gave me a whole new box. So i'm ready to assemble this thing. Thanks to all...:)

13. Crash935

If he swapped you out new for used and only charged you $50, you better be dropping off a box of donuts one morning. Besides, the brownie points will help when you need the emergency service.

If you have any questions on the install, just yell.

14. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

My setup is brand new not even put together yet. They swapped me new for new for $0. And they didn't even sell the plow in the first place. I thought that was really nice also. If i need help i'll yell... Thanks:)