1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much for a 9ft blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Jan 31, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Alright we have an 8ft mm1 on our 3500 dually.The plow was a good deal and it couldn't pass up.The blade is in alright shape with a few pin holes but nothing serious.Probably put a new skin on it in the spring.Going to run the 8ft till we find a 9ft.The problem with the 8 foot is its not as wide as the truck causing the rear wheels to run over unplowed snow.My question is how much is a used 9ft blade worth? I've seen just some blades and other blades with a-frames and pistons.Also bought an 86 1500 with a speedcast setup for a lot truck but it didn't come with a blade.How much is a used 7-1/2 worth? We probably won't get enough snow to use this equipment:dizzy:

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

a good 9 foot blade can be worth $1000 they sell quick cause the mass highway guys use them on 1 tons but its hard to find one thats not wipped u can useually find them for about $350 and $600

3. Morrissey snow removal

theres a couple on craigslist

4. chevyzrule810

I sawthere are a few on craigslist just trying to figure out what is good price without over paying for it.I saw a 8ft x-blade just the blade no a-frame or pistons for $1600 some people are crazy what they want for their plows

5. Morrissey snow removal

there is a nice one in clemsford ma in boston craigs for $500

6. Morrissey snow removal

7. chevyzrule810

morrissey where in ma are you?

8. Morrissey snow removal

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You could always put some wings on it untill you find a 9 footer.

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you're looking for a speedcast blade you can usually find them on eBay for less than $300. The last one around here I knew of sold for $75.