1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much $ for a 8611

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by powerjoke, Oct 8, 2005.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i have been quoted anywhere from $5250 - $6800 for a 8611 pro, it'll be going on a c5500 4x4 4dr littledump so i can handle the weight if the freakin duramaxipad will push it,
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It should...
  3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Um yeah it will.
    You are spending 50k plus on a truck and plow and are worried about it pushing some snow.
    I sure as hell don't spend 50k and question if it will do the job...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking trucks you got there.
  5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Those duramaxes are weak! :nod:
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, my c4500 Duramax can barely get over 75 in the fast lane loaded with equipment in the bed and towing a 6800 lb mini excavator on a 10k trailer, in the hammer lane going up a 3 mile 8% hill passing everything on the road.
    It doesnt have a plow but I doubt that the wimpy little 350 horsepower motor could push snow.
  7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

detroit dan do you think you need a edge chip:rolleyes: lol, by the way my other truck is a twin turbo dodge, on it's fourth 750hp south bend clutch, by the way it has a total of 24k miles on it, it is a 2002, dont tell me bout passin any body in the fast lane, by the way my mini-ex is a kobelco sk35sr series 2, on a 14klb hilsborro, and i can tell a hell of a difference in the horsepower in the 2 motors.
    but i guess i was aking if any body has had any advice on a mod chip like the edge "juice" or something else