1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much for 1990 New Holland

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ljbev, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

So im looking at buying a skid steer from one of the companies I do work for. We are in preliminary stages of negotiations. It is a LX180 New Holland aprox 1990-1992 Full enclosure w heat and hand controls. Its actually painted green for some reason. The machine is in mint conndition and has about 513 hrs. What do you think its worth aprox. (they have three and rarely use them)

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Just the fact that it is green would bring the value down IMO. Is it sunbelt rentals green?

I'd guess with that low of hours but that old of age, you'd be in the $7,500 to $10,000 range.

3. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Green

IDK but its dark ugly green...whatever doesnt have to look good just has to work hard....for now

4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

That does sound like a Sunbelt Rentals paint scheme. The hours are very low for its age. Cab & heat adds a few grand to the value. They are very difficult & expensive to add after the fact. (maybe even not possible to add factory cab on an older machine). Skid Steers are a tough call because this one sounds clean but older. Then there are many newer machines that look used and abused.

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

unfortunately the age of that machine is gonig to keep its price way down, i am going to throw in and say if it is immaculate condition, it has a worth around $10 000. the fact is that any machine, that is running properly, no matter the hours and age is worth 6-8k at least, but i give this one a extra couple thousand based on the low hours.

6. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

update

Turns out machine is 1999 ls180 and has foot controls w about 413 hrs. mint condition Im told they painted them to match their old trucks wich were puke green I figure to be worth around 8k. What do you guys think??:confused::confused::drinkup:

7. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I did a quick search on Machinerytrader.com and it looks like 8k would be a steel for that year and condition. You can can kinda get a gauge by searching on that site. Most are dealers. Buying privately you can usually get a better deal. Like, merrimacmill said, the green paint would discount the price some.

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

If its that ugly , and noticable , I doubt somebody will steal it , if they do it will be easy to spot

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I would give 10Gs for it, the cab and heat are worth 1500-2000, you can repaint it for under a grand, take some pics of this beast.

We have a 2000 LS 180 and I really like it, not many problems.