1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much fluid do I add?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowin boy, Nov 17, 2009.

1. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

I just drained the fluid on my 7'2" LSX unimount plow and read my owners manual to see how much I need to put back in and was kindof confused with the hydraulic ram sizes and then the angling rams. Do I add the 1 3/4 quarts for the angling rams to what I put in for the hydraulic rams. Also how do I measure the hydraulic ram? Or if someone knows how much fluid this plow takes that would also be great. Thanks guys for your help

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Take the vent plug out of the side of the case and fill it until it runs out of there. Put the vent plug and fill cap on and angle the blade left and right a few times. Remove the fill and vent and add until it runs out again and your good to go.

3. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

you wouldn't happen to have a pic of which one would you? There are multiple plugs that can be removed

4. Crash935

5. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

thanks for your help Crash

6. Crash935