1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much extra $ for wings.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by H20-32, Dec 28, 2008.

1. H20-32

H20-32 Member

How much more $ should you get for adding wings to your plows? i.e. Boss 9' with boss wings almost 12' plow, Boss 8' w/ wings almost 11', you get the idea.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I presume you are subbing out hourly, and want to increase your rate. If the guy you work for is decent, try to work a deal. You know how long it takes to plow a given lot now, and how much money that means. Tell him you will buy the wings, but need to get the same money for the lot. You'll know how much time you're saving, and can then adjust your hourly rate. If you are turning down work, they might be smart. If there isn't any extra work, then you're going to be working your truck harder just to get home earlier.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Between $5 and $10 more per hour.........Depending on how many hours you put in, they should pay for themselves in a single season.

4. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

An extra $5 an hour for the wings here. I won't plow without mine...