1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much drop is too much???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am going to have my plow installed soon(next week think), and I am wondering how much drop in the front end it too much with the plow in the raised position. I am getting a Western 8' Pro (steel) plow on my GMC Sierra 2500HD. I am just curious as to when I should put timbrens on, i.e. would a one inch drop really benefit from timbrens??

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i have half an inch of drop on my of 2500hd. that is with a western pro+ 7.5
    i would put timbrens on if it were me.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had an 8 foot western on my 2500 and it didn't drop that much but I had 500 lbs of sand in the back that didn't cost nearly the price of timbrens do. I put a v plow on the same truck and it doesn't even squat that much. Its not worth the hassle.

4. dzines

dzines Junior Member

I've ran mine for a season with no Timbren. I decided not to spend the money on the timbrens and just tighten up the torsion bars. It costs me $30 for allignment each time, but I get alot smoother ride in the summer and only have a rough rider in the winter. I wouldn't have to do that if the country roads weren't so bad. And I have a heaver motor.