1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Does The Plow On Your Wrangler Weigh?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 32vld, Feb 8, 2015.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I project that I will have the money to buy a plow this March for my 2005 TJ UL, 4.0, 6 spd, 3.42, limited slip rear.

I am leaning to the Western 7'6" Suburbanite 270 lb or HTS 412 lb, and the

Fisher 7'4" Homesteader 280 lb or 7'6" HT 414 lb

Will another 134-142 lbs be too much?

I do mostly residential with two commercials with small parking lots about 50'x50'.

Also thinking about getting a pull plow because most of my work involves cleaning in front of garage doors. Leaning to a Daniels or an Ebling because I do not see the need for wings that can be moved. And making the plow simpler makes for less break downs. And save weight.

2. DeggyD

DeggyD Junior Member

I have a '04 TJ with a Snoway 22, 6'8". It claims 270# not including the mounting frame, which is probably 30-40#. I also have a winch on the front, which is probably another 80#. If I do not have ballast in the back, the front bump-stops will touch. Even with ~200# behind the wheels, the front really sags. I will be getting an air lift system soon. Also, the snoway seems to stick out farther in front than other brands, so there is more leverage hanging out there.

So I would say Yes, the extra weight will be noticeable. But it will also be manageable with ballast and/or helper suspension.

This is my first Jeep plow so I am not familiar with other brands.
  3. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

DeggyD, my door jam sticker says my front axle is rated at 2,500 lbs. What is your SWB TJ's front axle rated at?
  4. DeggyD

DeggyD Junior Member

Mine says 2,200 lbs.
  5. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler (TJ) with a 4.0 straight six and manual transmission.
    I am running the 7'6" Fisher HT (414 lbs).
    I have (4) 70lb sand tubes in the back (280 lbs).
    I run air shocks on all 4 corners.
    I weighed the whole rig with a full tank of gas and me in it at 4500 lbs.
    It has done a great job this winter (both the Jeep and the plow).
    Mounting and demounting the plow is super easy, and I really like the trip-edge design.
  6. bschurr

bschurr Member

My '05 TJ 4.0 Auto runs like a champ with a MM2 and Fisher 6'9" LD set up. This adds +472# to the rig. Air shocks up front. No issues!
  7. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

From I have been reading I am leaning more towards the HT/HTS plows. I've read their a lot stronger, their weight will make them scrape better and not trip to easy as the lighter plows will do.