1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much does the 2015 3500 sag with the 6k front end?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jerseydrew, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

my 1500 has a 2 inch level but when the HTS plow was up it would sag about 2.5-3 inches.

the new 3500 front end is about the same height as the 1500 was stock. so if the front drop more than an inch or so when the plow is up i will have a scraping issue in my driveway.

2. Crank up your torsion bars and your problem will be solved.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

funny, i looked into that already. i want to try and avoid it but will do it if needed. so i really have no issues. honestly i do not expect the 6k lb front end to have that much of an issue.

4. JAJA

JAJA Member

My 1500 has a super duty boss cranked the t bars front end only drops like an inch and a half or so I think u need to crank yours a couple turns

5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

As far as I know, that's why the torsion bars are adjustable so you shouldn't hesitate to adjust them.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Which plow are you installing?

7. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9'6" mvp 3 installed on one and tape measure showed 1/4" drop with plow in up position. Thats about an 1100lbs plow.