1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much do you schedule a loader with 12ft box?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by IMAGE, Jan 16, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Just thinking ahead here, any input appreciated.

Given a 12' push box on 1.5yd loader or hoe, a truck with 810, and a SS with 8' box, how much of this area would you schedule? And how long would your chosen area take in a 4" storm. Assume average mix of account triggers 1"-2", and all snow piled during push, then hauled away later.

Do not include salting or shoveling in how much area you could do, just the actual plowing.

The area is way to big right now, add some new push pins or highlight an area to show how much you would do. Feel free to map a different spot in a different town showing how much you would do, and include the equipment you would use.

http://maps.live.com/?v=2&cid=BF1E26A0EF7B9CFE!111&encType=1

Thanks, Steve

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What exactly are you asking?

How much road plowing?

Parking lots?

I schedule a loader with a 12' box for the same amount as a 16' box, about 5-6 hours max.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sorry, I was meaning, how much parking lot plowing do you schedule for your loader? Or how many you would schedule for a 12ft. I know it can only do so many hours, but how much can it get done in an hour? Or how much can it get done before it needs to start at the beginning again if its still snowing?

Given that it was just doing the open areas because the truck or skid would be doing the cleanup and around the tight stuff.

I put the map up as kind of a reference, like if you could highlight how many of the stripmalls you think you could get done with 1 loader.