1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Do You Quote Per Hour?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Just wondering How much COMMERCIAL guys are getting per hour in differnt parts of the country.....I just think this could be quite interesting.

I will start it. I am in Grand Rapids, MI......quoting about $125 an hour....really getting closer to $150 unless we get tons of snow.
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

What does that include?

Hi, What does that include?Yes it is interesting.
  3. bison1973

bison1973 Member

In central Wisconsin it's only around $65, maybe $70 per hour.
  4. What I'm Talking

What I'm talking about is quoting for parking lots. I make sure that I can make $125 an hour. For example if the lot, on average, takes two hours, I would quote $250.

I really hope that people will reply because I think this thread can become quite inteteresting. By the way, the reason that I started this thread is because I read somewhere that someone was charging $75 per hour and I KNOW that wouldn't cover my expenses
  5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

100-150 someware around there. I feel that a lot of the time you can charge less on plowing and make it all up in salt payup
  6. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

$125 an hour here, all though talking to other contractors in my area say thats high and they only get $90-100
  7. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Are you getting the jobs?
    I just heard tonight from 2 guys down there that the going rate in GR is about 80 bucks, and residentials are going for about 275 for the season on a single wide drive.
    I'm running around between 80 and a hundred around this area and I'm Quoting around 400 a season on most residentials ( country driveways) longer & wider than you get.
  8. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

Hi if a plow a can get up to $150.00 hour
    if i sub i get $75.00 hour and i run a 2004 f250 psd hiniker 8 ft c plow

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i wont know i dont plow by the hour. every thing i have is on contracts so i get paid weather it snows or not.
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I try to get around $120.00/ hour.
  11. Stumper

80 bucks an hour down here......and single wides at 275...i think you may have a typo, because if singlewides are 275 i woulld be well over 200 an hour. I will just flat out tell you.....I am charging 200 per season for a single wide and 225 for a double wide......both standard legnth of coarse. Both are up $15 from last year thanks to gas. Are these guys that are talking 80 an hour big companys or little guys...because at 125 an hour i am landing about 35% of what i quote. Which I think is preety good considering the advertisment tequeneque that i use. What i do is I go into the busness. Introduce myself. Give them a flyer, and ask them if i could interest them in a quote. I think that some say yes just to check up on their current guy, but hey. this method is working well so far.

Now to clear something else up....I don't work hourly. I quote hourly. A lot that will take 2 hours = $250 per push x 20 pushes per winter= $5000....thats how much i would charge for the snowplowing for the 2005/2006 season on this "pretend" lot
  12. Come on guys

Come on guys its just intersting to see the differnt prices in the different areas.
  13. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

in my area we get about 65-75 per hour. i'm in a fairly rural community so it doesn't help with the drive time between.
  14. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm between $75 and $100 / hour.

Even though the other guys from MN are getting slightly higher rates, I'm just far enough north where I still have to contend with the guys from the sticks that are doing it for $50 - $60 / hour.

It all depends too, since I'm flat fees.

Last year I grossed $271 / hour.
  15. 7tcutty

7tcutty Junior Member

hey firstclass

how do you figure the amount of pushes for a season

how did you come up with 20? im thinking my hourly will be 99$ hour. i dont have much overhead all my stuff is paid fo and i workon it my self. when i can. im guessn that will get me a couple of jobs..
  16. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi $125.00 a hour is my going rate for plowing, here north of Detroit.

Regards Mike
  17. Snowplow newbie

Snowplow newbie Junior Member

Well it is interesting to see the prices per hour. I just went to bid two housing projects and they wanted a per hour bid. They told me that the guy who got it last year did it for $24.50 per hour. :dizzy: I couldn't believe it. I try not to quote per hour, but up in my area the going rate is 40 to 50 dollars an hour.
  18. 7Tcutty

hey 7tcutty

20 Times is just kinda the flat number everone quotes at around here.. Its eithor 20 or 22 depending on the company. I quote at 20. Last year i really went out plowing 17 or 18 times. the year before 16. But three years ago it was 23. Its kinda an average of the past years. WE PROBABLY GET MORE SNOW THAN YOU BECAUSE OF LAKE EFFECT! So you may not be able to use that 20 number. Call a big company and ask them how many times they figure they go out per year!
  19. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

200 bucks a season based on 20 pushes is only 10 bucks a push, I fail to see a profit there unless these drives are all side by side. I base mine on 12 pushes at 35 bucks a push (Avg. countrydrive) 420 a season with a 2" trigger, 2 years ago I pushed 12 times, year before last I pushed 15 times, last year I pushed 13 times, the lowest I have had in 5 years per drive was when we got hit with 18 pushes on the S. half of my route that was still 20 bucks per push per drive.
    And being totally honest I'll take a long country drive with tons of space to push snow any day over manuvering around some tight a$$ city drive with nowhere to go with the snow.
  20. yup

Standard double wide driveways ($225) I can push 15-20 an hour. They are close, but not right next to each other. I can tell you this, the rear plow cuts driveway time down bigtime! (thats 150-200 per hour). What i do is this; i use the rear plow to drag the driveway into the road (2 passes) i then use the front plow to push the piles into the lawn!