1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you pay for liability insurance every year to plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Joeshmo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Joeshmo

Joeshmo Junior Member

I am new to the trade of plowing, just bought a nice 2004 Ford F-250 W/ 8ft HD minute mount 2 plow. I am DYING to plow for my town, I have always dreamed of plowing streets since I was a kid. The only thing that is stopping me is 2 prior accidents when I first got my license, not bad accidents at all but enough to put a claim on. I'm lucky to be paying what I'm paying for insurance but I'm afraid liability insurance will cause it to sky rocket. For my town, you need a minimum of $100,000-$300,000 in liability insurance. How much do you pay for liability insurance and how much would you suggest I have to be plowing? THANK YOU!