1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you net after a general 1 to 4 inch snowfall.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maxwell, Nov 5, 2005.

1. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

Share your net if you will, for a 1 to 4 inch snowfall.. (after paying subs, fuel expenses, salt and ice melter costs, etc)

after crunching the numbers i figure we are at about $11,000 , that is with 12 trucks and only1 bobcat that really only loads our salt trucks...

just wanted to see where the rest of you were - i know its all relative, and yes i know many of you plow by the hour, but just want a ballpark for the helluvit
  2. westwind

westwind Member

payup About 1000.00 a truck per snowfall, after expenses. We also have two skid-steer routes that service our large packs and townhomes, these routes make more and are harder to figure out. Most of our customers are year round ie: lawn and snow. Single man operators up here should be making 900.00 to 1500.00 per snow.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I do all my accounts on a flat fee year-round, but this is what I base mine on.

I have all of my "business" expenses billed out during the summer, meaning truck payments, insurance, etc. Theoretically, my lawn mowing is subsidizing the snowplowing.

I get on average $100 / hour for 15 hours of plowing, which I can do a 1-4" snowfall in. I base that off of 18 snowfalls / year, so about $4500 / month for 6 months.
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Net = $1000 per truck per inch. per day
  5. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

wow. we don't even push until we get 6 inches. 700 a blade a day.
  6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

To much involved to brake it all down here but that is our average. We start plowing some jobs @ 2' and some @ 3" That also includes ice control, stacking, hauling, plowing,
  7. westwind

westwind Member

Sounds like your on top of it! Pretty soon the plowing will take care of itself!