1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you expect to make

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by K&N Snow, Mar 13, 2009.

1. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

I just wanted to see what some of you think that each truck should bring in per year? Same with each skid, tractor or loader. I under stand that every piece is different due to size of pusher or plow.

Thank you,
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Location will also effect the price. I can tell you I get 65 an hour for my trucks here in MN.
  3. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I think asking per year you wont get a good feel, some places get 20" of snow per year and some get 200. Per plowing might be a better way to ask. For me its $1,200. $600 plowing and $600 salting.
  4. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I'm right on the border of WI & MN- central part of the state- When bidding jobs I take into affect of location,my other jobs I have in that area and time frames. I try to base my time/hourly at $120.00 to 150.00- yea when all said and done with records of how long the job takes when it snows then I keep track of traveling time- it bounces back and forth usually from 90/hour to sometimes better on myside to 180/hour- just depends on fast you move,traffic or if any breakdowns. Try to base around 120.00 a hour and will be good= making profit and still getting jobs. At this rate I didnt have a problem at all this year for new jobs. 30 to 70 I think is way to cheap!
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

pretty sure there was a thread a couple months ago with that EXACT same question. Like almost word for word. Do a search and you'll find it.