1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you Charge for snowblowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IA Farmer, Dec 1, 2004.

1. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I'm bidding on a church and they want be to do their sidewalks, i've never done sidewalks and so i'm wondering how much people charge for snowblowing. Oh and is a 1 stage blower ok or should I get a 2 stage. Thanks Kenny

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I charge $35.00/hr and a 2-stage is the way to go. :nod: :waving:

3. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

like Bad-boy J said go with a 2 stage... I just saw home depot has some nice Ariens. They are selling their 11/27 or 28 whatever it is, for like a grand where i live. They have elec. start, huuuuge throat, and heated handles. Thatd be what i bought.

Kevin

4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Thanks guys looks like the 2 stage is the way I will go. Kenny

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I charge the same as plowing , if the truck is there and the driver is using the snowblower , I charge for the truck , if he is using a shovel , I charge for the truck , the truck is there , its not somewhere else plowing .

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't do any walks, my sidewalk guy does.

7. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a home ripoff or blowes snowthrower-no matter who the manufacturer is. When something goes wrong you bring it back to the store. They then ship it out for service. By the time it reaches your hands again 5 storms have come and gone.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I have both and and have a Ariens 5hp single stage that will really eat light to moderate snow very quickly. They make them up to 7HP now (that would be some serious power on one too) and they are a lot easier to get in and out of truck than a heavy 2 stage too plus a good 2 cycle single stage by nature will start well in any temp.