1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you charge for plowing with ATV?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nelson84, Jan 1, 2009.

1. nelson84

nelson84 Junior Member
    from canada

I plowed my neighbors driveway and it had 2 feet of snow on it and it is about 600 feet long and has a large turn around at his house. It took me 1.5 hours to clear all the snow with a 500cc ATV with a plow.

What should I charge for 2 feet of snow and what should I charge when there is only 4 inches of snow. He wants me to plow it regularly. What do you charge when using an ATV?:confused:

I am new to this plowing thing, just trying to save up for a vacation.
  2. Well if its not an actually business and your just doing the guy on your street then I would say something like this would be worth $80 per push regardless of how much snow is on the driveway. A 600 foot long driveway is a big driveway.
  3. Hunter9

Hunter9 Member

I would definitely charge more for this time to clean it out, but moving forward 60-70 per sounds fair to me if you are thinking it will take you an hour to do it.
  4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Im doing like 10 or so 20-30 foot driveways and getting 30-40 dollars a driveway with my Kawasaki Prairie.... I would never imagine even wasting my time on a 600 foot driveway the longest I have is my dirt road thats probably only like 300 or so..
  5. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You can't charge by the hour. What I mean is just because it took you 1.5 hr with a quad, doesn't mean it would take someone with a plow truck 1.5 hours. What does a 600' driveway go for in your area? My guess would be $60-$80 would probably be in the ball park.
  6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

80 bucks an hour CDN. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

No $60- $80 per push.