1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you charge for plowing with ATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by nelson84, Jan 1, 2009.

1. nelson84

nelson84 Junior Member
    from canada

I have a neighbor that wants me to plow his driveway with my ATV. How much would you charge per hour or how much for a driveway that is about 600 feet long? It had about 2 feet of snow on it and it took me 1.5 hours to plow with a 500cc ATV with plow.:confused:

What is the going rate per hour?

2. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

$40 to $50 per hour is prety normal.:D:D:D

3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

yea i say $50/hr

4. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

My cuz charges $20-$30 a push.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Too vague. What about shape and size of drive and in this case a depth of 2 feet?

$75 does sound about right.

6. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

1. Thats what he charges.
    2. We hardly ever get that much.
    3. Our city is slow as h*** so it would be 2 days before we even got out. (only a pop. of about 2,500)

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

How big is your plow???? I would get a set of wings for it, sure saves a lot of time.

8. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

If your talking to me it's not mine but I think it's 60". Honda Rubicon, 4x4, Moose plow is all i know.

9. mudman

mudman Junior Member

I charge 60/hr.

10. nelson84

nelson84 Junior Member
    from canada

Thats what I was thinking $60 canadian per hour. We get alot of snow I live close to where those 8 snowmobilers died in that avalanche, I plowed his driveway yesterday and now we have another 4 inches. How much snow before I have to plow again? What is plow edicut? Do I plow everytime it builds up to about 4 or 5 inches? This is a second home for this guy, he is only here once in a while, about once a month. Do I wait just before he gets here and bust my #ss in a couple feet of snow or plow it every 5-6 inches?tymusic

11. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would due it every 5-6" like you mentioned and charge your $69 per hour. once the snow gets over the 6" it makes it hard work for the ATV to plow and such. Just keep track of your hours and send him a monthly bill and find out the weekends he will be using the house so you can make sure to have the drive plowed for when he arrives even if there is only 2" on it.

just my thought's

sublime out.

12. mudman

mudman Junior Member

My contracts have a 2"trigger with one push per day unless called back by the customer. I assume you are in Nelson so you are going to have drier snow than me so you can get away with it building up a bit more.