1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much do you charge for per push?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by miked9372, Nov 3, 2010.

1. miked9372

miked9372 Member
    from MN

how much do you guys charge?
  2. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

for residential?
  3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My wife put me on seasonal. LOL
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

For. Comercial? Not telling! Residential, between 0$ ( my parents drive) and 110$.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

enough to be profitable.

thats pretty good:laughing:
  8. ajslands

and pay for expenses, subs, insurance, phone bill, and other stuff :rolleyes:
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

profit is actually what comes after expenses, subs, insurance, phone bill and other stuff. :confused:
  10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I read some suggestions here of $1-$1,000 per push.

Maybe more?

Seems reasonable to me.
  11. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Ask them what they want to pay per push then subtract 99.99%, Pad your time by 50% hire out subs an pay them 49.99% an then subtract your over head by .01%. So that should be what you are wanting to get paid per push!!
  12. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

LMAO, that's great!!!

Give AJ a break, they haven't covered that yet in homeroom :rolleyes:
  13. ajslands

ROFLMAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:. We don't have homeroom in highschool :!
  14. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i think you guys tormented this poor guy thread thats awsome!
  15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

it's a pretty wide spread question with many answers!
    we don't charge at all for such a small property.
  16. miked9372

miked9372 Member
    from MN

yup! awesome lets party now!!! round of drinks on me at my bar come if you want to kick off 2010-11 snow season :drinkup:

*round of drinks only apply to the people that actually helped :jester:*
  17. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

I find out how much the last guy charged and do it for half that. :D
  18. miked9372

miked9372 Member
    from MN

yup half of what thees guys charge and run them out of bossiness good plan...might go with that
  19. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Before asking what to charge, do you know your costs per hour?

If you want to take the guesswork out of your bidding and base your fees on your overhead and expenses, we have what you need. You will never need to ask anyone again what to charge.

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual – this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who’s first, proposal formats, don’t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD – calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.
  20. coral

coral Senior Member

ME TOO!!!!!