1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do i sell a 7' boss plow for?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Dwheelz4, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Dwheelz4

Dwheelz4 Junior Member

New to the site, and I've been looking through sites trying to figure out a price to sell this thing for but no definite answer. Its off a 2006 ford ranger and has never been used and has a little surface rust on the blade. (see in pics). It has i believe everything to set it up besides the wiring harness. just trying to help my uncle get rid of it. Everything in the pics is what it comes with so can anyone help me out with a price i could sell it for. heres some pictures to help out...thanks guys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and more here http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/dwheelz/plow/

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Im sure its been used . Surface scratches on moldboard and cutting edge.. Ebay it.

3. Dwheelz4

Dwheelz4 Junior Member

it hasnt been used it was taken off the day the truck was bought and put into the garage.scratches are from moving it around the barn and wasnt really looking to ebay it just lookin for a rough estimate price

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I would say about 1500 obo. Would be fair.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Do you have the wiring harness off the truck? That is something that is gonna make a difference in price. Those are about 450 bucks for a complete harness with a controller, but I see you have a controller for it so I would say roughly 250 or so for a harness. I would say no more than 2 grand for everything, mount controller, plow and wiring. I would say your best bet is to put it up in the forsale section on this site and see if ya get any bites, also craigslist it, and as a last resort put it on ebay. Any reason your selling it?

6. Dwheelz4

Dwheelz4 Junior Member

alright thanks, only reason selling is cause its at my uncles barn and its his brothers in law and he doesnt need it and it just sits so my uncle wants it out so i guess thats the reason to sell it

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I saw your post on craigslist today, just happened to see that then see this post :p I was hoping this would work on our older Ford f150, guys were saying it wouldnt and it would be too small for it :/ If you dont sell it soon, ill keep your post here on hand if we decide to pick it up in end of feb/march when we actually start getting some snow for an 04/05 ford Explorer. good luck with the sale, looks pretty clean