1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much do I charge for snow removal?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by KevA1995, Oct 19, 2015.

1. KevA1995

KevA1995 Junior Member

Winter is coming fast in the Northeast, and I'm fairly new to snow removal. How do I go about in charging my customers? Do I go by the foot, size of property, or another alternative. I want to make a large profit this year, thus any tips or recommendations on how to be successful in the snow removal business will be greatly appreciated. Also, my method of snow removal is by shovel and snow blower. Thank you. :confused:
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd suggest working for someone for a year or whenever to get your feet wet and understand the ins and outs
  3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Prices vary a lot per area. What part of the Northeast are you in. Are you properly insured for this venture?
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

As Dieselss stated it would probably be best to work as a sub your first year or two, that way you can learn the ropes.

Everyone wants to earn as much profit as possible, chances are your first year or so you will have little to no profit at all, could even be negative. It's an expensive business to get into and can get even more expensive if you don't know what you're doing.

What equipment do you currently have that you plan to use in the winter?
  5. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Northeast is too vague. Even saying New York state is too vague.

Also what is the typical size driveway where you live. You will need to set a minimum price.
  6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you need to work for some else for a few years so you can learn more about it. What type of truck and plow do you have? You may be able to find someone to sub for on here if you visit the employment section of the forum, there were some people posting looking for help in CT, RI, and MA recently. :drink:

Heres the section you should look at to try and find someone to work for: http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015